Technical Description – Liner Heat Detection (LHD)
The simple and proven technology of digital Linear Heat Detection (LHD) cable makes it a product of choice for difficult and challenging applications where other technologies struggle to work.
With its ease of installation and low maintenance it also provides a cost-effective solution where project expenditure requires to be kept at a minimum.
The sensing cable is formed from a pair of twisted steel conductors each with temperature sensitive insulation and then an overall Nylon outer sleeve. When the temperature sensitive insulation reaches its predetermined alarm temperature the two conductors short together providing the digital or switched signal.
The cable can be connected to any unit capable of monitoring a switched signal, i.e. Conventional fire panel, addressable switch monitor unit or PLC.
A Closer Look
- Simple digital switch operation.
- Continuous sensing along the total length of the element.
- Fixed alarm temperature operation.
- Compatible with switch monitoring units and conventional alarm panels.
- Suitable for use in Hazardous areas using safety barriers.
- Chemical & water resistant Rilson outer sleeve.
- Rugged and durable construction.
- Simple maintenance free installation.
- Small diameter and bend radius.
- FM Approved.